Monday, June 9, 2008

Agarui

I remember the first time when Michael Bay and I crossed paths. It was in Ipswich (Australia not England - Michael Bay has never been to that Ipswich as far as I know). It was a balmy summer`s evening, the perfect night for the regional Queensland premiere of "Pearl Harbor" (notice the American spelling, as I recall there was some debate at The Queensland Times as to whether a "u" should be added when the film was being written about). Anyway, I was running late and managed to miss all the free wine. A plastic Hawaiian lei was shoved into my hand as I was ushered into the cinema and taken down to the very front row. As I watched the almost 3 hours of mind-numbing shite-awfulness that was thrust upon me, all the while my head looking like a PEZ dispenser, I remember thinking "Goddamn you Michael Bay, damn you to HELL!"

Well, 7 years later here I am, one zombie movie down. What`s Michael Bay done? He did get to play with Transformers... and Scarlett Johansson... hmmm, I`ll give you that Michael Bay. This time. What else... ah yeah, he`s got a blog.

Which brings me to my point, now so have I. It`ll be about music videos, random movie stuff, probably the occasional zombie will make it`s way in. So keep posted. For those of you who knew Stand Alone Productions, it became Alchemist Pictures when I teamed up with Aussie director Rob Paterson.

Here`s my first video under the Alchemist banner. It`s for Tokyo hip-hop mc Agarui from the 3000 Worlds crew. Check it out:


Agarui music video from Michael Condon on Vimeo.

No comments: